The holidays are almost here and I’m all set with my big gifts, but you know what always ends up being left to the last minute – Stocking Stuffers! With a little preparation a well-stuffed stocking can easily become the best gift of the season, so I’ve compiled my favorite stocking-sized gifts for Gear Lovers and Adventurous Foodies into a last-minute guide! Merry Christmas!
For that special person that always has the neatest tool and the spiffiest equipment, this list highlights the best camping and outdoor accessories for the Gear Lover that has the basics and loves the unique.
1. The ultimate stocking stuffer for the real pros Best Made Co’s Lenstatic Compass $168
2. Unique, sturdy stuff-sacks to hold gear of any size from Tom Bihn from $14
3. Write, literally, anywhere! Inka Pen $20
4. Start a fire anywhere, even in the rain with Poler Burner Bags $2
5. I love these tools and tiny lighter made for your keychain, pleasantly named the ETC Kit $44
6. Get ready for your next adventure with the most detailed maps out there, Latitude40 Maps $12
7. Take your pen and waterproof notebook to sketch in the morning dew. Rite in the Rain Notebooks $5-20
8. Pack up gear or just look great and stay cool with the original Wood and Faulk Handkerchief $13
9. This sturdy and awesome belt will help you keep your breeches high! Topo Designs Web Belt $42
She’s always cooking something new and he can be found mixing a curious cocktail anytime, these two are the Adventurous Foodies – talented individuals that love making wonderful times even more special, and need the perfect tool to spice up their next party.
1. The best knife for slicing meats and cheeses on the trail. Opinel No 7 $15
2. Bacon plus chocolate, need we say more? Vosges Bacon Dark Chocolate $8
3. Camp-sized spices you can rearrange for trip-specific gourmet dining. Foodie Spice Survival Kit $26
4. Never waste another drop of liquid gold! Petaluma Supply Co Flask Funnel $9
5. Noodle-tools, now collapsable & made from recycled baseball bats! Snow Peak Carry-On Chopsticks $30
6. Get the freshest and best grind for those cold mornings in camp. Porlex Mini Coffee Grinder $68
7. I use these daily, and love the idea of packing snacks in the modular sizes. Eco Lunch Boxes $7-$23
8. A sweet, sweet, unusual treat like these won’t last long. Big Picture Farm Goat Milk Caramels $7-$50
9. Wild-harvested and sumptuous day or night: Juniper Ridge White Sage Tea $12